We've been watching a lot of Kim's Convenience reruns lately. Audrey has dreams of Mr. Kim sharing her east coast version of the classic!! These bad boys are PERFECT with a sprinkle of Tidal Salt Coffee.
- Line 9x9 in baking pan with parchment and lightly grease.
- Melt & Brown 1 cup butter in medium sauce pan over medium low heat until golden and brown bits form - roughly 6-8min
- Pour 1/2 cup out and set aside to solidify
- 1/2 melted brown butter in saucepan
- 1/3 sugar
- 6 Tblsp cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Tidal Salt Coffee Salts
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add sugar and cocoa to sauce pan & whisk well. Whisk in egg rapidly as you pour into pot in slow stream. Return to low heat and whisk constantly until thick mass forms. Do not burn. Remove from heat and mix in crumbs, almonds, and coconut. Firmly press into bottom of the baking pan and set aside in fridge.
Whip together filling:
- 1/2 cup cooled browned butter
- 1 Tblsp Whipping Cream
- 2 Tblsp Bird’s Vanilla Custard Powder
- 1/3 cup Blueberry Jam
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp blueberry extract (optional)
- 3 drops blue food colour (optional)
- Whip with electric mixer until really well incorporated. If too stiff, whip in 2 more tsp or cream. Spread over bottom layer & return to fridge.
- Melt 4oz Dark Chocolate and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in double boiler.
- Spread over the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle top with 1/2 tsp Tidal Salt Coffee Salt
- Chill bars for 2 hours to overnight before cutting. Cut into 2inch squares and stuff in your face.
Order yours today!
Have we tickled your fancy to order some of our Coffee Flavoured Tidal Salt? Order yours today by clicking the image below!