This recipe is brought to you by the wonderfully talented Baker & Chef Mel Seth Heng! Check out their page by clicking here.
- puff pastry cut to any shape you like
- 2 pork sausages seasoned with fresh lemon thyme
- your choice of mushrooms, 200g
- half an onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- a teaspoon of butter
- 1 shot of Canadian sherry (or brandy)
- smoked Spanish paprika (hot version)
- a pinch of Szechuan peppercorn
- a pinch of smoked Fleur de Sel
- Heat a pan, get it nice and hot, then add canola oil.
- Break open the sausages, discard the sausage skin & sauté the sausage meat.
- Once nicely browned, add onions, then a knob of butter when the onions have softened.
- Add mushrooms, then season well with Tidal’s smoked Fleur de Sel, pepper and paprika. Add your shot of alcohol and flambé the sausage filling.
- Add cream, and simmer till it thickens. Cool before filling the pie shells. (You can blind bake your puff pastry if you like but I usually don’t.)
- Make sure to get your oven nice and hot before putting in your pies. Bake at 425F for 20-25 minutes till golden brown!
Order Yours Today!
Have we tickled your fancy to order some of our Smoked Fleur de Sel Tidal Salt? Order yours today by clicking the image below!