We were thrilled to see fellow small business Hive to Home playing around with our flavoured sea salts, especially with an ingredient as simple and delicious as brussel sprouts! We simply had to share the recipe with you all.
2 lbs brussel sprouts
1 tablespoon grape-seed oil
Tidal Salt Black Rocks flavoured sea salts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse brussel sprouts under warm water. I don’t cut off the bottoms off my brussel sprouts, so I make sure they’re scrubbed well under the water. Drain the brussel sprouts.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and put them into a bowl. The bowl should be large enough to toss the brussel sprouts with oil.
- Pour 1/2 the tablespoon of grape-seed oil onto the brussel sprouts and toss to coat them. Then pour the remaining grapeseed oil over the sprouts and toss them again. I find that doing it in two increments helps them to cover more evenly.
- Cover a baking sheet with either a reusable baking sheet or parchment paper. Both yield yummy results.
- Put the brussel sprouts on the baking sheet cut side facing down.
- Sprinkle Tidal Salt Black Rocks flavoured sea salts on the brussel sprouts. I like to salt evenly so that ever sprout has at least some salt on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are soft enough to be pierced with a fork and crispy to your satisfaction.
- Sprinkle with a bit more Tidal Salt Black Rocks flavoured sea salts, and shave lemon zest over the sprouts. Voila!
Thanks Chelsey, what a great way to showcase Nova Scotia sea salt! You can find Tidal Salt Black Rocks in our Schooner Gift Box along with an assortment of our more adventurous flavours, including our brand-new Smoked Fleur de Sel, which goes with just about anything you can cook up. Literally!
You can find all of our fleur de sels, flavoured sea salts and gift boxes at www.tidalsalt.ca, they make great gifts! Hive to Home can be found here, we're in love with their beeswax wraps, handmade in the majestic Annapolis Valley.