As we head deeper into Autumn, it's the perfect time to try out new recipes. How about this perfect little sweet and salty treat paired with one of our favourite locally-made brews, the Alexander Keith's Lunenburg Coffee & Cocoa Stout!
- 1 ½ cups of butter
- ¾ cup of dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Tidal Salt plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Alexander Keith's Lunenburg Coffe & Cocao Stout
- 3 1/4 cup powered sugar
Directions: For the cookies:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter with sugars and then add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda, and Tidal Salt.
- Mix with electric mixer until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in.
- Grease baking sheet and roll cookies into tablespoon size balls.
- Sprinkle more Tidal Salt on top.
- Bake 12-18 minutes, depending on the oven.
Directions: For the frosting:
- Blend stout and powered sugar until creamy. We recommend Alexander Keith's Lunenburg Coffee & Cocao Stout (more info here). Alexander Keith’s Stout adds a layer of rich dark coffee flavors along with deep roasted grain notes that create depth and balance when combined with the sweet and salty chocolate cookie dough.
- Let the cookies cool and then drizzle with frosting.
- Once they are well and drizzled, share with friends or find a secluded place and eat them all yourself, you deserve a treat after all.